Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Save File - VM's memory image

At 17:36 +0100 on 14 Jul (1247592971), Amin Firoozshahian wrote:
>   Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I was wondering whether I can
> re-use the same Load VM code and redirect the output of the section
> which refills the VM's memory to another file. The order of pages
> (frames?) is not important in my experiment. If you think this is a
> good approach, can you please point me to the appropriate file in the
> Xen source that actually contains the code for reads and reloading the
> save file?

Yes, just hacking the load code should be fine for what you want. :) The
main part of it is xc_domain_restore() in tools/libxc/xc_domain_restore.c.
You'll also need to strip off Xend's metadata records from the beginning
of the file before running that code.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.