RE: [Xen-devel] Host S3

> I got the XCI build up and running but dom0 does not provide the
> functionality I am looking for.  There is no ability to run X or GDM.
> So far the issues I am seeing with host suspend/resume seem to be
> graphics and SMP related, issues which XCI does not address.

So as not to risk dom0 security, we prefer X etc. in an appliance VM.  You
could optionally enable X in dom0 and post relevant patches though our
recommendation wouldn't be to enable X in dom0.

> I would like to get dom0 suspend/resume working with Ubuntu 8.04 or
> 9.04
> running on top of Xen.  I have used s2ram, pm-suspend and some
> roll-my-own scripts with less than stellar results.

I have on occasions tried host S3 on varied environments (with Xen) including
the ones you mentioned and have had success with host S3, of course with
appropriate tweaks.

> The current issue I am looking at is that Xen's time is not working
> after resume.  Both clocksource/1 and timer isr/1 print out persistent
> "Time went backwards" messages.

Hmm... I have seen this issue, more so with older versions of Xen.  I would
recommend starting a separate thread on this mentioning the version of Xen with
which you now encounter this issue.

Kamala