Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 hang

Keir Fraser wrote:
On 07/07/2009 08:14, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, why can't the tick be suspended when csched_schedule() concludes
it's idle vcpu before returning? won't that would make it less intrusive.
The tick suspend can be put in csched_schedule, but the suspend/resume logic
is still needed in acpi_processor_idle anyway, due to another dbs_timer
suspend/resume. The intention here is to make acpi_processor_idle the central
place for timers which are stoppable during idle period. If there is other
stoppable timer in the future, it can be easily added to acpi_processor_idle.
So it is clean to keep current logic. and as long as we carefully not over
doing the softirq, it looks not so intrusive. How do you think?

I think the approach is fine. I also already applied your patch since it is
obviously a good bug fix, even if it doesn't fix Mukesh's bug. And I fixed
the comment at the same time. And I backported it for Xen 3.4.1.

 -- Keir

It fixes my bug.

Thanks,
Mukesh