Re: [Xen-devel] Xen, IRQ-sharing and PCI passthrough

>>> Florian Wagner <f_wagner@xxxxxxxxxx> 07.07.09 08:19 >>>
>Is there some other way to fix this than making sure the cards don't
>share IRQs (which is quite a hassle when building a significant number
>of machines with this configuration but with slightly different
>hardware)? A fix from a newer Xen release we could backport to our
>Debian kernel perhaps?

Assuming your kernel has a call to irq_ignore_unhandled() out of
note_interrupt(), there's nothing but using hardware's help (i.e. VT-d
interrupt remapping) to get this addressed: The pv passthrough
mechanism assumes that guests you assign physical devices to are well
behaved, and your guest isn't (it fails to disable the interrupt at the
device).

Jan