Re: [Xen-devel] tg3 network stall in xen-3.4.x but not in xen-3.3.x

On 06/07/2009 04:55, "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hmm, that's rather disturbing. Its presumably the cpuidle parameter which is
>> having the effect. Quite why deeper sleep states can result in one particular
>> device interrupt getting stuck (as opposed to all of them) is a mystery. It
>> might be interesting to see the boot messages, and also to find out which of
>> the C states is causing the problem (presumably C2 or C3).
>
> If I do not add cpuidle and cpufreq in xen boot para. I got the below:
>
> # xenpm get-cpuidle-states
> Max C-state: C1
>
> cpu id               : 0
> total C-states       : 2

That's interesting, since it appears the troublesome system does not even
support deep sleep states (e.g., C3). Just C0 and C1: which would normally
mean C0=running, C1=normal-HLT. I've cc'ed a couple of Intel guys to confirm
we couldn't be misreading the xenpm output.

If we're reading this correctly I think it really means that the special
acpi-cx idle handler has a bug in it somewhere. Actually one bug has been
found already, and I will forward the patch to you. It could be worth
applying it and rebuilding Xen and see if we're lucky enough for that to
solve your problem.

 -- Keir