[Xen-devel] xm block-attach with optional backend parameter

Typo - the command that I actually ran was
        xm block-attach 0 file:/root/mydisk.img /dev/xvda w 1
Hey,
   I am trying to attach a disk image file stored in a domU as a block
device to dom0, using the command
         xm block-attach 0 file:/root/mydisk.img /dev/xvda 1
where 1 is the domain ID of the particular domU that I want to act as
the backend/driver domain.
   I get an error about "Hotplug scripts not working", and I've already
posted to the xen-users list for advice on simply getting this to work,
but I was hoping that someone here might be able to walk me through the
execution path of a block-attach command, so that I can dive into the
code and insert print statements everywhere?  I've been able to follow
what functions are being called and all that through the xm Python code,
but I get lost when it starts to communicate with xend.  Any help would
be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt