Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cannot boot with pvops dom0

On 07/01/09 00:32, Patrick Colp wrote:
> Hmmm, OK. Well, something is still going wrong. I find that adding
> things like irqpoll and/or acpi=noirq seems to help a bit. By that I
> mean that it gets further into the boot process before stalling. If I
> wait a while and press random keys/buttons (like Num Lock or the power
> button), then that seems to coax it into booting a little bit more,
> but I've never managed to get it to completely boot. The furthest I
> got was to where it tries to read the root filesystem.
>
> I could give you a dump of the boot-up messages, but aside from the
> ioapic stuff, there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Yeah, from those logs it looks OK.  Was that a "coaxed" Xen boot?  It
certainly looks like lots of interrupts are being received properly
(drives detected, usb probed, etc).

Also, for a more direct comparison, what happens when you boot native
with pci=nomsi?  I assume it will work, but it will make the logs
directly comparable; or maybe the system just doesn't work without MSI?

> Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 7936k
> Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
Is your initrd set up right?