Re: [Xen-devel] 'xm create' creates domains without a valid console tty

On 02/07/2009 21:42, "joe mcguckin" <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've noticed that after I create 83 domains on a server, 'xm create'
> will create domains without a valid console tty value.
>
> This corresponds approx. to 256 file descriptors. I've bumped up the
> limits for all daemon processes to 1500 file descriptors,
> so I'm really puzzled where xen is hitting a resource limit.
>
> Where is the code that creates the xs entries for a newly created
> domain??

The missing tty nodes would be written by xenconsoled. See code in
tools/console/daemon/io.c:domain_create_tty(). Is the console daemon still
alive when this problem occurs (e.g., do other guest consoles continue to
work)?

You could try running xenconsoled with the -I command-line option. Then it
will not daemonize and you will see any error messages on stderr.

 -- Keir