[Xen-devel] [XCI] xci build issues

After a hiatus, I have made another attempt at getting the XCI code-base
up-and-running, but have run into some issues that I am hoping someone
can help me with.

1. I am finding that a large hurdle in getting this building is chasing
down build dependencies, of which there are many. Since the wiki
recommends that this be built on a 32bit Debian lenny system - does
anyone have a list of necessary packages to get things properly
configured? Many times the things that the ./configure scripts are
complaining about do not match the debian package names. If someone has
already figured these packages out, it would be quite helpful to post
this on the Wiki.

In fact, during one of the XCI conference calls, someone at HP had said
they had a "cookbook" of sorts to get up and running. I never saw that
posted (or perhaps I missed the posting) Could this possibly be put on
the wiki?

2. Over the past couple of days I seem to have been having problems
downloading the tarballs from the open source sites. With so many sites,
any one of them could be down at any given time. Is there a way this can
be cached locally?

3. My current build failure is as follows - I would appreciate any
pointers getting past this issue:
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/bguthro/xci/build/toolchain_build_i686/automake-1.10-host'
>>> bridge 1.4 Extracting
gzip: /home/bguthro/xci/build/dl/bridge-utils-1.4.tar.gz: No such file
or directory
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
make[1]: ***
[/home/bguthro/xci/build/build_i686/bridge-1.4/.stamp_extracted] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bguthro/xci/build'
make: *** [xci] Error 2

I have re-cloned, and re-run the build multiple times, and always fail
in the same way.

I am using the following Makefile to bootstrap the build:

----
all: xci

build:
        git clone http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/xenclient/build.git

build/.config: build
        cp build/configs/xenclient_config build/.config
        make -C build oldconfig

xci: build/.config
        make -C build

clean: build
        make -C build clean

distclean:
        rm -rf build
----

Any and all pointers to get a system building, and running would be
greatly appreciated.

Ben Guthro