[Xen-devel] NPIV support

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Daniel Fussell <daniel.fussell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:45:26 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:52:56 -0700

I've suddenly found myself in a position where NPIV support in Xen would be desirable to say the least.  I notice several distros have included NPIV support, I'm assuming through their own extensions as I can't find examples in my distro nor in the Xen 3.4 source/examples.  It seems strange the other distro's changes haven't made it to the official source.  I suppose it does make sense if the 2.6.18 kernel doesn't support npiv.

I'm wondering if this is a hot topic on the development side of things, or if it's been passed over for lack of developer time/resources.  If the latter, I'm sorely tempted to take a stab at it myself if you could point me in the right direction.  Or is this something that is waiting for Dom0 inclusion in a future linux kernel release?

Grazie,
Daniel Fussell