[Xen-devel] Handling Xen ioctls in Valgrind

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:15:22 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:15:58 -0700

Hi,

I am about to upload a patch to Valgrind which will allow it to handle
Xen privcmds.

To do this, I have to basically copy the contents of Linux/privcmd.h
into the Valgrind tree and re-namespaceize it (i.e. privcmd_hypercall
would become VKI_privcmd_hypercall).

Is there any chance of privcmd_hypercall_t, privcmd_mmap_entry_t,
privcmd_mmap_t, privcmd_mmapbatch_t or their dependencies changing? If
so, I'll just maintain a patch to add them that interested people can
use and not submit them upstream yet.

Thanks in advance
--Tim