Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Future of xenbits Linux trees

On 06/05/09 16:37, Ian Pratt wrote:
One of the reasons cited for sticking on 2.6.18 was that it would
hopefully encourage folk to use pv_ops if they wanted anything more
modern. I'm not sure that worked out too well...

Making the pv_ops kernel the officially one in xen-unstable should work better I think.

It strikes me it's not a bad plan to have two trees, one based
off the latest stable enterprise distro (in this case SLES11), and
the pvops tree based off the latest kernel.org release.

As you've noticed above having two trees (2.6.18 + pv_ops) didn't work out very well so far. I doubt s/2.6.18/2.6.27/ will change that ...

cheers,
  Gerd