[Xen-users] Re: Merge Xen (the hypervisor) into Linux

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 05:00:21PM -0700, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> That sound you heard was 10000 xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> all having heart attacks at once.
>
> Need I say more.

So maybe I'm stupid, but why would they be having heart attacks?

It seems like a decent solutoin to me.  What's being proposed would
make the dom0/hypervisor interface an internal once, always subject to
change.  What's wrong with that?  Presumably the domU/hypervisor
interface would have to be remain stable, but why is the
dom0/hypervisor interface have to be sacred and unchanging?  I don't
understand the concern.

                                            - Ted