RE: Dom0 crashing when built with c/s 881 (Was: [Xen-devel] blktap2: need more than 3 values to unpack)

> Actually I missed that the dependent code is only built if
> CONFIG_PCI_IOMULTI && CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI. You've probably got
> one or both
> disabled and hence 882 doesn't break without 881 in your case.

In case it helps, with 889 and 881 reverted, I am using the
default config which results in CONFIG_PCI_IOMULTI=y and
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=m.

> I can't explain that from reading the code. It looks like a
> no-op to me
> unless the new function bus_register_notifier() is called.

Looking at my boot output on failure, there are those lines:

"Driver 'xxx' needs updating - please use bus_type methods"

which is printed in linux/drivers/base/driver.c:driver_register()
if a complex set of circumstances are true.  So clearly
something is different.

If that doesn't help, I can go add some printk's where that
output is happening and see exactly what forces the failure.

Dan