[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] xend: hot-plug PCI devices at boot-time

Hi Dexan,

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:05:16PM +0800, Cui, Dexuan wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> Did you test the patch (c/s 19679) with 'static assignment'?
> It breaks the static assignment of devices...
>
> e.g., I only place a pci=['01:00.0'] in my hvm guest config file, but I find
> ioemu invokes register_real_device() twice for the same device 01:00.0!
>
> I haven't looked into it carefully. Just post here FYI first.

Yes, I did test static assignment, and it does seem to work.
Do you have the qemu-xen patch applied?

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-05/msg01289.html

> BTW, there is another bug with guest hotplug:
> After I create a guest without assigning any device to it, I can 'xm
> pci-attach' a device into the guest, but "xm pci-list" doesn't show the vslot
> info. Looks this issue is originally introduced by c/s 19510.
> Can you and Masaki Kanno have a look?

Yes, of course, I will look into it.

Which revisions of xen-unstable.hg and qemu-xen-unstable.git are you using?