Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] blktap2: a completely rewritten blktap implementation

Dan Magenheimer wrote:

> Just wondering... has this been tested with multiple domains
> sharing the same blktap device?  (e.g. specifying
> tap:aio:/pathto/file.img,hda,w! from two different domains
> in a cluster)

This feature is really important at least for stubdoms and windows pv
drivers.
However in this particular case the stubdom and the pv drivers in the
guest will never open the disk at the same time because when the pv
drivers start they ask qemu to close the disk.

So far I have been doing some testing with stubdoms, blktap2 and vhd and
they seem to work well together.