Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [GIT PULL] Xen APIC hooks (with io_apic_ops)

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well.  Xen *does* suffer from bad technical choices made years ago.  I'm
> pretty sure Xen would look radically different when being rewritten from
> scratch today.

That may be.  I don't know enough about the specific issues you raise
below to comment.  But Ingo wasn't bringing up those issues: he was
disagreeing with the whole idea of including dom0 Linux as a key
component of the Xen system.  If the Xen project were to start over
from scratch, we might make a lot of different decisions; but running
Linux as the hypervisor (as KVM does) or forking Linux (as Ingo seemed
to suggest) are not among them.

 -George