Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.0 - Windows 2008 Lockup

On 23/05/2009 10:42, "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any changes to acpi related for HVM?  My HVM windows 2008 is
> running stable for <3.4.0 and just upgraded the xen to version 3.4.0
> and hit the following which crash my HVM windows 2008 guest :(  This
> lockup will happen/occur very quickly upon bootup of such HVM.

Something timing/timer related must have chnaged in 3.4 to make this more
likely. However it is not impossible you could see that bluescreen on 3.3
too! And there is a workaround on 3.4 which does not exist on 3.3 -- add
viridian=1 to your domain config file. This will tell Windows it is running
on a hypervisor and thus to relax its timer checks.

Please give this a go rather than reverting.

 -- Keir