Re: Re[2]: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 Feature Requests

Sander Eikelenboom writes ("Re[2]: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 Feature Requests"):
> Good point, some good and flexible management would be nice to have too.
>
> USBIP at the moment can handle:

Yes, the usbip management tools are much better than the pvusb setup
we have right now.  Sadly I didn't find the usbip code worked very
well for me (at least, the version I found in upstream 2.6-staging).
It would be sensible in the longer term to try to unify usbip with our
pvusb support.

> It would be nice if you could make the rules for usb passthrough match with
> both usb port numbers as well as device id's, perhaps even with wildcards.

Yes.

Patches will be very welcome, after the 3.4 release :-).

Thanks,
Ian.