RE: [Xen-devel] xen.git branch reorg

  • To: Venefax <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: 'Xen-devel' <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:35:54 -0700

I tried at DomU:

1. Specifies whether TX checksumming should be disabled.
# /usr/local/sbin/ethtool -K eth0 tx off

2. Specifies whether TCP segmentation offload should be disabled.
# /usr/local/sbin/ethtool -K eth0 tso off

3.  Specifies whether UDP fragmentation offload should be disabled
# /usr/local/sbin/ethtool -K eth0 ufo off

Second parameter is your Ethernet interface . Might be eth1 or eth2.
Just install ethtool-6 to get  " man ethtool " handy
You can try all of them, just first , second and third.
Whatever provide a relief.

I had to run second to brought up VNC on CentOS 5.2 Dom0
 (on bare metal ASUS P5KR)
I believe Linux driver for Atansic Gigabit Ethernet is not good.
Regarding DomU access from from the Net and vice versa usually
first one helps (at DomU ).
I don't know what exactly Chris did. "gso" option fails.
Some network education is obviously required for myself at least ;)
To read and understand tcpdump's captured logs for instance.

Boris.