Re: Bug in pci-detach (Was: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: VT-d HowTo Update)

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:28:10PM +0800, Zhai, Edwin wrote:
> Simon,
>
> In previous solution, the "vslots" entry in xenstore is only used for
> qemu => xend communication, and not present until qemu create it.
> But with support of vslot in config file, this xenstore entry are
> created by xend at the beginning...  Now xend will get value from itself
> (AUTO_PHP_SLOT when not specified) without waiting for qemu:(
>
> Temp solution is let xend to check if the return value is AUTO_PHP_SLOT,
> but xend still can't know qemu's response. We need make sure,  if can
> not support specified vslots in config, qemu should notify xend. Then
> xend should know if this is qemu's response or the specified vslots
> requirement.

After some investigation it turns out that the problem was not with
the use of vslots - which is still only used for qemu=>xend communication.
The problem was with renaming vslt to vslots because in the dictionary
that describes a PCI device, these entries were different.

I have posted a patch to resolve this problem to xen-devel as
"xm: Fix hot-unplug of statically-assigned devices".

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-04/msg00897.html

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K. Satellite Lab in Sydney, Australia