Re: [Xen-devel] Re: NX related build failure in latest pv_ops dom0 hackery tree

Christophe Saout wrote:
Hi again,

With vdso32=0 I could now get the hackery kernel to boot up completely.
For some reason the xen-tip/next also gets past the initramfs stage and
I can see it mount the root filesystem, but doesn't come up further than
that (the network never comes up and the last thing I see is netconsole
telling me the rootfs got mounted)

Maybe I mixed something up again.  Possible, it's quite late, I'll
follow up on this another time.
OK, thanks for looking at this.

Ok, yes, also victim of my state of mind yesterday.  I got the
2.6.29-tip (push2/xen/dom0/master) fully booted up.  Everything with a
more recent version of tip fails with the AHCI problem.

OK, that's a good baseline. I'll start looking into what's changed between the two.