Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Scheduler work, part 1: High-level goals and interface.

Ian Pratt wrote:
 1. explicitly present HT to guests and gang schedule threads

 2. normal free-for-all with HT aware accounting.

Of course, #1 isn't optimal if guests may migrate between HT and non-HT systems.

Well, we could extend vcpu hotplug to deal with those kinds of cpu topology changes, but I guess that doesn't help most Windows/hvm guests. But I think if those vcpus stop being siblings, I don't think it would hurt if we stopped gang scheduling them, so long as they're kept close (same package, I guess).