[Xen-devel] PV driver 'tap:aio' support

Hi,

Sorry to post again about windows PV driver 'tap:aio' backend support issue in xen 3.1 series.

It is seems that my windows pv driver cannot reinitialize 'tap:aio' backend block device. Here is the scenario.

First initialize,
1, Frontend initialize ring ref, allocate event channel and set them to xenstore.
2, Set frontend state to 2.
3, Backend will set 'sectors', 'sector-size' and something else to xenstore.
4, Frontend driver will set state to 4.
5, backend set state to 4. Such block device works fine.

Disable such device in windows device manager
1, Frontend set state to 5 and wait backend state changing to 5.
2, Frontend set state to 6 and wait backend state changing to 6.
3, Release ring ref, event channel and related memory.
4, Frontend set state to 1 and wait backend state changing to 2.

Enable such device in windows device manager
1, Frontend reinitialize ring ref, allocate event channel and set them to xenstore
2, Set frontend state to 2,
3, Backend will set 'sectors', 'sector-size' and something else to xenstore.
4, Frontend set state to 4.
5, backend set state to 4. Such block device cannot work. Frontend cannot get any response for R/W command.

For a 'file' backend, all things go well. Does anybody can tell me the difference between 'file' and 'tap:aio' backend in this case? Anything wrong or I missed? Any advice is appreciate.

Best regards,
Wayne Gong