Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Bus

On 06/04/2009 16:09, "Tej" <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are xen ppl are thinking to leverage Virtual Bus Technology recently
> discussed on LKML
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/31/339
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Virtual-bus

We probably could, with some small Xen-specific additions to the Virtual Bus
framework. However it'll be interesting to see whether it's a useful design
point between our fully PV drivers (which have pretty decent performance)
and full device passthrough (where there's no need to go through dom0 at all
on the data path). In particular, we can do device hotplug with device
passthrough, which may give us the flexibility that VB promises anyway.

 -- Keir