[Xen-devel] Reconciling multiple Xen flavored development streams

There are a number of very interesting and obviously active projects
that seem to be developing different forks of the Xen work. There's the
mainstream "server" Xen in the form of Xen unstable, XenClient and now
kXen.  All good stuff but as someone working in the space I'm interested
how and if any of this gets merged.  There was a comment about kXen
targeting the 3.4 release as well as unstable. What does that mean? I'd
have expected that since 3.4 is frozen the only place it could go is
unstable.

I apologize if this was discussed at the recent summit and I missed it.
Just trying to understand if there's a plan for how these separate
efforts get merged or interact.  There are some pretty significant
difference in the build systems and large changes in the ioemu code and
tool (ocaml vs python) amongst other things...

None of this is a surprise as they're discussed in the roadmap document
but I've not seen anything that discusses how they interact or merge.
Insights gratefully accepted.

Mike

--
Mike Dickson <mike.dickson@xxxxxx>