Re: [Xen-devel] Real-mode bug with AMD, gPXE, and 32-bit rep movs

At 16:24 +0000 on 26 Mar (1238084646), Christoph Egger wrote:
> I think it's #2. Look at the #GP causes in APM
> Volume 2 for MOVSx: the only one in real mode is if the address
> exceeded a data segment limit.  And the comment from Deegan about
> clipping segment limits to 16 bits makes me think that the clipping is
> happening on AMD machines and it shouldn't be.

That particular clipping happens in vmx.c so I certainly hope it doesn't
get called on AMD machines. :)  But yes, it's likely that some
big-real-mode segment state has got lost somewhere.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.