Re: [Xen-devel] The most recent attempt to build 2.6.29-rc8

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

M A Young wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

Yes, i've noticed also that after build completed

CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND
gets reset to "m"

I think the attached patch fixes the XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND configuration dependencies.

(This patch was full of ^M's)

That's strange because it wasn't when I sent it. I wonder if it got mangled in-transit.

Unfortunately this didn't help me; it still ended up making this 'm', which doesn't work. The simple fix is, I think, to make this a "bool", so it gets built in. Its not really big enough to bother with.

I have been using XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=m on some of my kernels so it didn't cause me a problem, though of course if any of the dependent modules were "y" then that would indeed be incorrect. I did have an alternate way of doing it that I could try.

        Michael Young