[Xen-devel] Re: about kdb for Xen

You cannot continue execution when system crashed. The only thing to do is reboot. So go is disabled, as sometimes accidentally one might type that while debugging.

There is some work to get gdb to debug xen, but I'm not sure what state it's in.

To assist in debugging via kdb, use gdb on xen-syms file. Then use gdb to find matching line numbers in C file. Look at gdb manual how to do that.

Thanks,
Mukesh

gjk.liu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Mukesh,
Why system often show"cmd not available in fatal/crashed state .....", after
enter "go" in kdb for Xen. I have just cloned the codes from the branch.

btw: Is there any other debug method for xen itself? for example, using gdb at source code level like linux or freebsd. I think it will be more convenient than kdb.
You know, there are too many optimazation on code after compiled by gcc.

   Cheers:)

Liu Jian