Re: [Xen-devel] Re: how to enable shadow page table? Do I have to run HVM guest systems for shadow paging mode?

At 17:57 +0000 on 16 Mar (1237226223), Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> For the record, Transcendent Memory is not a copy-on-write
> mechanism, doesn't deal with shadow tables or PTE read/write
> bits, and is really not exotic at all.

Indeed.  I was just including it in the current bundle of "fun things
to do with memory management". :)  And since it helps with systems under
memory pressure it might have solved whatever the underlying problem was.
Almost nobody wants to write a copy-on-write mechanism just for the
beauty of the thing.

Cheers,

Tim.