RE: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM, James Harper
> <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> On both 3.3.1 and unstable if I try to use pvscsi as per the examples
> >> in the config file I get a error when I try to start the domain:
> >>
> >>  xm dry-run xptest.cfg
> >> Using config file "./xptest.cfg".
> >> /sbin/scsi_id: invalid option -- 's'
> >>

> > I was sure that I had this working previously, but on my 3.3.1 system
> > it's even worse:
> >
> > xm scsi-attach w2k8test32 /dev/st0 0:0:0:0
> > sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
> > sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
> > sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
> > sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
> > sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
> >
> > Mine is Debian Lenny, and scsi_id is in /lib/udev, not /sbin, and
> > doesn't seem to support the right options either...
> >
> > James
> >

> scsi_id from udev 114 accepts that syntax but does not output anything
> at all, I guess its not compatible with the newer udev.

I can get scsi-attach to work by replacing the call to scsi_id in
python/xen/util/vscsi_util.py with:

'/lib/udev/scsi_id --whitelisted --replace-whitespace --page=0x80 /dev/' + sg

That gives the same output as the previous syntax. Possibly we could omit the
--page=0x80 bit, which would instead just give a hex string instead of a
vendor_model_serial string.

The change is then incompatible with the old version of scsi_id though...

James