Re: [Xen-devel] memory_reservation bug?

On 03/11/09 11:08, Keir Fraser wrote:
On 11/03/2009 17:32, "Mick Jordan" <Mick.Jordan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've looked at the code in memory.c and page_alloc.c and Xen certainly
thinks tot_pages > max_pages for the domain when it reports the error.

The extent_order on the reservations is 0.

Any ideas?

Just because you called decrease_reservation() doesn't mean the pages
necessarily really got freed. If you still have mappings to them squirrelled
away then the free can be deferred.

Ah, that explains it, thank you. I was taking the fact that the return value equaled the number I tried to decrease meant that it really did decrease by that amount. But, owing to a bug, I do in fact have mappings still lying around.

Xen really does need a developer manual -;)

Mick