Re: [Xen-devel] domain id number on xen unstable

On 09/03/2009 19:18, "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I maintain a gentoo ebuild for dom0 kernel which uses opensuse xen
> patches rebased to apply to vanilla without the usual extra patches
> that opensuse uses, the most recent suse xen kernel is 2.6.27.13 which
> I've also tried with Xen unstable, the same problem exists.
>
> Of course that kernel could still be lacking something which is
> causing this bug, replacing xen-hotplug-cleanup with the one from
> 3.3.1 seems to work a lot better, but its probably not cleaning up all
> objects and something will break eventually.
>
> Theres nothing more I can do, the xensource kernel does not support
> the hardware on my test system sufficiently to boot and test.

The pv_ops patchqueue from Jeremy will be the future maintained kernel for
Xen, but although it's inching ever closer I think it's not really quite
there yet still. Limited manpower is slowing down that effort.

With 2.6.18, the 'XenSource' product kernel has loads of drivers backported
onto it. I'll look into getting that better published or perhaps a snapshot
taken. Obviously it's distributed with Citrix products and freely
redistributable, but it's not currently on xenbits.

 -- Keir