Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] avoid deadlock during console output

On 09/03/2009 06:18, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hmm, do you think your patch is okay?
> tasklet_schedule is taking another lock and uses BUG_ON then...
> I would suggest to modify tasklet_schedule:

I can live with the error patch of BUG_ON() not working in this one case. I
don't think releasing the lock suffices anyway, as we'll just end up in a
recursive loop until the hypervisor stack overflows. The BUG_ON() here is
more for informative code annotation than because it's at all likely to
fire.

It perhaps makes sense to disable the tasklet_schedule() based on a flag set
in console_force_unlock(). That would at least allow NMI-based watchdog to
print if we did ever hit the BUG_ON() deadlock (or any other crash while the
tasklet lock is held).

 -- Keir