RE: [Xen-devel] Panic when starting DomU with passthrough

Alexia Benington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Has anyone encountered this
> before? Why would it try to write to 7e000000 with Reason 2, followed
> by 7d000000 with Reason 5? Note that this differs from my first post
> where it tries to write to fffff000.

Reason 2 means "The Present (P) field in the context-entry used to process the
DMA request is Clear." That is to say the context mapping was not done for
00:02.0.
Reason 5 means "The Write (W) field in a page-table entry used for address
translation of a write request or AtomicOp request is Clear." That is to say
context mapping was done for 00:02.0, but the address was not mapped in VT-d
page table.

Current Xen unstable doesn't support graphics assignment. There are many tricks
on graphic assignment. Can you try to assign a NIC to guest with VT-d? Let's to
say if this issue still exist or not.

Regards,
Weidong