Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

M A Young wrote:
And here are a couple more. First I get this traceback with a dom0 enabled kernel not running under xen atthe start of the boot log
BUG: spinlock bad magic on CPU#0, swapper/0 (Not tainted)
 lock: ffffffff81a39c90, .magic: 00000000, .owner: swapper/0, .owner_cpu: 0
Pid: 0, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.29-0.135.rc5.git3.fc10.x86_64 #1

Oh, I thought I'd fixed that (hm, must have lost the change somewhere). Does it keep going OK anyway?

Yes, that one doesn't cause any obvious problems.

Secondly I get this crash when trying to start xen under qemu-kvm. Something similar is happening when I try to start xen directly, but I can't do serial logging on this computer so I can't be sure.

Interesting. Xen has certainly revealed bugs in kvm's pagetable management before, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've broken something again (apparently they're not in the habit of testing with Xen). Report it to kvm-devel <kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I was hoping that wasn't kvm related because something is crashing my x86_64 system when I try to boot it directly into xen at about the same point (though I don't have any good way of catching the logging information so I can't be sure).

        Michael Young