Re: [Xen-devel] PV domU with 255GB boot failure

>>> Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> 18.02.09 20:12 >>>
>Jan Beulich wrote:
> > First a general remark: You're doing this patch to support 256G domains,
> > but by keeping extend_init_mapping() there'll continue to be no way to
> > support domains with close to or above 512G (or, if making use of
> > XEN_ELFNOTE_INIT_P2M, 1T). This function, rather than needing fixes,
> > really just needs to go away.
> >
> > I've done this in our forward ported 2.6.27+ kernels, but unfortunately
> > can't really contribute the changes to the 2.6.18 tree, as there are too
> > many differences, and I'm simply lacking the time (and, honestly, interest)
> > to work out all the issues. I could post the respective patch if you (or
> > someone else) care(s).
> >

>I came up with this patch trying to fix the hang on less than 256 GB.
>With 256 GB it's not even coming this far, pl see another thread. Since
>256 GB was the original bug, we definitely need to support that. So please
>post your patches with any relevant pointers and I'll take a crack at it...

Attached. Just to repeat - they are against a 2.6.27+ kernel that has
various other patches enabled, so I can't easily tell whether they have
dependencies on changes made elsewhere. The order we have them
applied here is:

xen-x86-bigmem
xen-x86_64-init-memmap.patch
xen-x86_64-note-init-p2m.patch