[Xen-devel] comprehensive documentation of clock-related options for HVM guests

Hello list.

Despite using ntp, we're facing heavy clock skews on our HVM guests, which happen to be almost all x86_64 linux. I've been browsing the list archive, I found reference to two different xen guest configuration options:
- timer_mode
- hpet

However, I couldn't find neither reference documentation, neither on their default values.

According to this tread, the default for timer_mode was changed in some part of the source tree from 0 to 1:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-10/msg00261.html

But according to this one, there was a discussion for changing timer_mode from 0 to 2, and hpet from 0 to 1:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-06/msg00095.html

And according to XendConfig.py code (3.3.1), the default value for both of them is actually 0...

This is a bit confusing :(
--
BOFH excuse #243:

The computer fleetly, mouse and all.