RE: [Xen-devel] hang on restore in 3.3.1

> > On 11/02/2009 09:51, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > > What do you think the chances are of it being a qemu problem? the
> > > xentrace code would indicate that it was the hypervisor asserting
the
> > > interrupt, but that wouldn't preclude qemu from being the
originator
> of
> > > the interrupt would it?
> >
> > Most interrupts come from qemu, since it emulates most devices.
> Switching
> > your qemu is a pretty easy test (build internal old version rather
than
> > out-of-tree new version).
> >

> I just rebooted with my GPLPV drivers inactive (eg not hiding qemu
> devices, leaving the PV network device with 'disconnected' and not
> enumerating block devices), and I found that an NDIS device is using
> vector 0x93, which will be the qemu realtek device. I hide it on boot,
but
> I forgot to hide it again after the restore which will probably be the
> cause of my problems... hopefully hiding it on restore again will stop
it
> generating interrupts!

Well it's not the qemu realtek device like I thought it was - I tried it
on a domain with no network interfaces at all. The other thing that uses
that vector is the USB interface.

I have noticed that after a restore, the restored computer has reverted
back to the 'mouse' rather than the 'tablet' driver... maybe there is
something in that? I'll keep looking.

James