Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Maturity of Xen PV drivers?

Hi James,
  Do you know any company has used Xen PV drivers for Windows in their
production?  Or Is there any limitation for those drivers (list of know
 issues etc.)

I haven't had any issues in quite a while (12 months, various versions),
and I use them in production (the machines are well backed up of course.
In fact the only problems I have had under windows was when _not_ using
PV drivers - a Xen/Dom0 crash left one of my windows domains corrupt
because of the way Dom0 caches disk writes in the qemu drivers.

Same thing here - we have a Xen host (64 bits) running a couple of Windows 2003 VMs. Without the GPL PV drivers, heavy I/O caused almost-reproducible crashes (for instance, downloading a large file thru CIFS hung the Windows VM). With the GPL PV drivers, I/O is of course *a lot* faster and no crash has been seen yet.

HTH,