Re: [Xen-devel] iperf problem with Windows SMP VM

James,

Thanks a lot. I will have a test on xen3.3.1.

Thanks
Annie

James Harper wrote:
Hi

I am developing Window pv network driver and hit a problem now.

My server use Xen 3.1.4 and have 2 physical CPUs. When I create two VM
with 1 VCPU on a same server, iperf performance is OK between those

two

VM, but there is performance degradation between those 2 VM when i
increase VCPU from 1 to 2.
This problem occurs in QEMU mode too.

Does Xen 3.1.4 has such problem or anything wrong in my configure

file?

Annie,

I think it would be worthwhile testing Xen-3.3.1 as I get comparable
performance on SMP vs UP under 2003 (around 80% I think).

Under XP, SMP and UP performance are much closer, due to the way
interrupts are handled (according to the guys on the ntdev list).

James