Re: [Xen-devel] Xen with dom0 pvops on ultra-recent "git tip" kernel on x86_64

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:08:44PM -0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> >Note that I noticed a completely unrelated issue:  After some minutes it
> >can happen that the AHCI goes dead on me.  Hard disk accesses hang and
> >in the log there are several tries to revive the controller (resets and
> >errors) until the kernel at some point decides to panic.
> >

> Yes, that's an open mystery.  For me AHCI fails immediately (fails to
> probe drives).  Others have varying degrees of success.  Several minutes
> uptime is very good.

I can see the same problem with ata_piix driver too.. it fails to probe
drives.

If you have any tips about how to debug that feel free to post them to the
other thread about ata_piix problems.. I'm happy to (try to) help.

-- Pasi