[Xen-devel] RE: Xenheap disappearance: (was: xen_phys_start for 32b)

> How difficult has it been to work around? Is it just pointing
> xmalloc() at
> the domheap instead of xenheap?
>
>  -- Keir

Thinking about this a bit more, unless you plan to stop
supporting 32-bit Xen anytime soon, the semantic differences
probably warrant adding a second interface, let's call
it admalloc() (ad == anonymous domain), that should only be
used in 64-bit-only code where it can be guaranteed that
usage of pointers to the alloc'ed memory need not be bracketed
with (ugly) map/unmap_domain_page() calls.

So I'd suggest adding _admalloc() and adfree() to xmalloc_tlsf.c
and when ifdef x86_64, _xmalloc and xfree simply get redefined
to _admalloc/adfree in xmalloc_tlsf.h.

If this sounds sensible, I will spin a patch as I'm the one keen
to get this settled.

Thanks,
Dan