RE: [Xen-devel] [patch 4/4]Enable CMCI (Corrected Machine Check Error Interrupt) for Intel CPUs

Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx <mailto:Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Christoph Egger wrote:
>
>> The patches I have seen so far, don't touch the public API at all.
>> But Intel did. That's the point in this discussion.
>
> Actually, it seems we did add a few things that changed it.
> But looking
> at our changes now, we might not need them (like mc_apicid; it appears
> we don't actually use it anywhere).

For the mc_apicid, I think it gives informatoin for the whole topology
information of the system, and will be helpful if needed in future. That's the
reason we adopt the changes in our patch. Of course, we can get them through
translate the mc_coreid to the apic_id, requiring dom0 cache the translation or
have a hypercall for it.

> But, I'll have to get back to you on that after I've brought
> the changes
> up to xen-unstable level.

Yes, I suggest we hold the discussion till your changes are submited to
upstream.