Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

back from x-mas & new year vacation ...

>> It fails notably faster now, early in the init scripts.  Some race
>> maybe?   The timing changes due to the excessive debug output makes it
>> happen more likely?

Ok, seems to be pretty much random.  Updated to latest kernel, ATA_DEBUG
is off again, a bunch of boots later: sometimes it dies at random places
in the init scripts, sometimes it boots up fine, lets me do stuff and
dies later on ...

> Well, it doesn't explain why it happens instantly for everyone else,
> unless there's some really odd timing issue going on.  Is your xen the
> xen-unstable tip?  Do you have DEBUG=y enabled?

Rawhide packages (3.3.0 right now, should be 3.3.1 soon).

>>> Also, does swiotlb=0 make any difference?
>>
>> It doesn't.  Hmm, from the boot messages it looks like it doesn't
>> actually disable the swiotb ...
>
> Oh, maybe "iommu=off" then?

iommu=off seems to make no difference.

cheers