From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wu Bingzheng
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 11:12 AM
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] where is hypercall page initialized?

Hi men,

I am trying to find the course of creating a DomU, beginning from 'xm create'.
But Xm and Xend are too complex for me too follow exactly,  I am blocked
at the question: where is the hypercall-page initialized.

At Xen 3.3.0, do the DomUs share a same hypercall-page, or each DomU owns one?

* If the former case is right, where is the hypercall-page mapped to DomU's address space?

* If the later case is right, where is the hypercall-page initilized for each DomU?
In this case, I found that :
=======
tools/libxc/xc_dom_corec, line 558:
  dom->parms.virt_hypercall = UNSET_ADDR;  // -1
------------
tools/libxc/xc_dom_boot.c, line 32:
  if ( dom->parms.virt_hypercall == -1 )
    return 0;
  /* The following will initilize the hypercall-page by HYPERVISOR_domctl_op. */
=======
So I think this case must not used now. Am I right?

Thanks,
Wu

[广告] 2008年最受关注楼盘

网易免费邮,全球最大的中文免费邮箱