Re: [Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 and kernel console output problem

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:15:01PM -0500, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:55:26AM -0500, Todd Deshane wrote:
> >> Did you add an hvc console to the runlevel?
> >>

> > Actually, no, I didn't add hvc console.. That's a stupid mistake from me.
> > Thanks for pointing that out.
> >
> > Then again, shouldn't I see kernel messages when it boots up?
> >

> Is it not writing to /var/log/dmesg|syslog|messages?

I think it didn't boot up properly.. I'll start playing with it again now,
and check if I'm able to login via network or something..

> Here is some more patches for the hvc stuff that are relatively recent:
> http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=hvc%20list%3Axen-devel#query:hvc%20list%3Axen-devel+page:1+mid:vtzvf44kzapb2vxa+state:results

Thanks for the link.

> > I can only see Xen hypervisor console messages.. nothing from dom0 kernel..
> >
> It does a switch over to the other console.
> I would expect xm dmesg to give the xen messages and dmesg to give the
> dom0 messages. Could you be losing it when sending it to the serial console?

Actually I'm not using serial console at all.. I only have VGA console.

> Adding the hvc console worked for me, if I recall correctly. We should add
> that
> to the wiki as well (if it isn't there already).

So you could see the dom0 kernel boot messages on (VGA) console, after Xen
messages?

-- Pasi