Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV drivers 0.9.12-pre9 upload

confirm BSOD with 0.9.12 pre9 driver on Windows server 2008 with latest updates.

2008/12/23 Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Venefax <venefax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear James
> I removed the offending service as well as other left overs from the Suse
> Drivers and now my windows blue screens with
> Stop: 0x0000007B(0xf789EA94,0xC0000034,00000000,000000)
> I have no idea how to boot Windows in safe mode. Is this possible? How do
> you press F8, and if you did manage to boot in safe mode, what then?
> Federico

I installed the drivers into a existing Vista 32 bit HVM which had
older version of the drivers installed and it bsod on reboot with
0x0000007B, I tried /nogpl and also safe mode but neither worked, I
reinstalled Vista and tried again but I got the same result.

Once the qemu drivers have been disabled by booting with /gplpv (or
without /nogplpv in newer versions) is it sufficient to reset/reboot
the domain to boot without the drivers, or does it need to be
destroyed and created again for the qemu emulation to resume?

Fresh install of vista + 0.9.12 pre9 = 0x0000007B :(.

What do I need to do to debug this?

I am running 3.3.1 rc4, I can try 3.3  if you think it might help,
perhaps I need the patch for hiding devices?

Andy

С Уважением, Виталий