RE: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV drivers 0.9.12-pre9 upload

> Dear James
> I removed the offending service as well as other left overs from the
Suse
> Drivers and now my windows blue screens with
> Stop: 0x0000007B(0xf789EA94,0xC0000034,00000000,000000)
> I have no idea how to boot Windows in safe mode. Is this possible? How
do
> you press F8, and if you did manage to boot in safe mode, what then?
> Federico

You press F8 just as the BIOS finishes. If you only have a single entry
in your boot.ini then Windows won't wait very long (or at all) to wait
for that keypress.

If you have trouble getting vnc up between starting the domain and
windows booting, try starting the domain paused (xm create -p), then
connect with vnc, then unpause the domain (xm unpause).

The reason for the 0x7B messages will be that xenhide.sys is attached as
an upperfilter to the ide devices (it's this sort of thing that is the
reason why I want to make qemu do the hiding!). after booting into safe
mode, use regedit and look for any upperfilter lines containing
'xenhide' and remove them, but only if you have otherwise removed the
drivers.

James