[Xen-devel] Re: [Patch][RFC] Update rombios.c

Hi,

At 23:50 +0900 on 17 Dec (1229557835), Akio Takebe wrote:
> This patch update rombios to the latest Bochs's.
> I'd like to corabolate bochs community to enhance the guest bios.
> I'm not familiar around TCGBIOS.
> So could you review the patch?
>
> I tested boot/shutdown, S3 suspend/resume with linux guest.
> Any comments are welcome :-)

Does the boot-options menu work properly after the patch?  This bit of
code looks suspect to me; surely some more translation is necessary to
turn a scan code into an offset into the boot device table:

+      while (!valid_choice) {
+        scan_code = get_keystroke();
+        if (scan_code == 0x01 || scan_code == 0x58) /* ESC or F12 */
+        {
+          valid_choice = 1;
+        }
+        else if (scan_code <= count)
+        {
+          valid_choice = 1;
+          scan_code -= 1;
+          /* Set user selected device */
+          write_word(ebda_seg, IPL_BOOTFIRST_OFFSET, scan_code);
+        }
+      }

Otherwise, this patch looks good to me, though it's enormous so I
haven't looked at every detail.

Also: does this update mean that the Xen rombios now has two separate
32-bit extensions?  Might it be worth using the upstream one instead of
maintaining our own?

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.